Share your social rides with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the details:
What: Is it a road ride, off-road ride or other. How far (time or distance)
Organiser: Who is the ride organiser
Who: Rough guide to age/ability/fitness levels needed (see British Cycling guidelines below)
Where: Start point – give a postcode if you can. Are there any facilities (parking/toilets/changing)
Details: Any other key details – route if possible.
- Coming soon…..
- British Cycling Club Insurance (inc details of how it covers social rides including rides which include non members)
- Parental Consent & Data Protection Form – Pedalsport Social Rides – to be filled in and handed to the organiser by all under-18 participants on Pedalsport CC social rides.
British Cycling Guidelines: Club/Group Ride/Training Session – on the public highway
Best practice is….
- Have a predetermined start time and communicate the route to all participants.
- All participants should comply with the Highway Code.
- All adult participants are responsible for their own well-being during the ride and
should be prepared for situations such as adverse weather conditions,
mechanical problems and flat tyres.
- Have emergency procedures and communicate them to all participants. This
should include emergency procedures for incidents that riders may experience
during a ride (eg punctures, mechanical problems, changes in environmental
conditions, accidents involving one or more members of the group).
- Have procedures in place to ensure that individual riders are not left on their
own during the session.
- All riders should be aged 12 years or older, and be competent at a level
equivalent to the Level 2 Cycle Training Standards.
- There is a greater duty of care for riders under the age of 18 years. Therefore, if
there are riders aged 12-18 years in the group, somebody will need to take
responsibility for these riders and ensure they are not left on their own during
- Have a signed parental consent form for all riders under the age of 18 years.
- All under-16 riders should be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- All riders should be encouraged to take part in activities that are within their
- All riders must wear a helmet.